What I’m Wearing Lately is my favorite items that I’ve been recently sporting and never want to take off.
Can I be totally honest with all of you? Unemployment has its benefits. For instance, I have been sporting this outfit with different renditions since I moved to Milwaukee. There’s really nothing else in this world that I want to wear besides my favorite pair of Lulu pants and cozy thigh high socks. Is that so much to ask? This is a serious change in what used to be my daily routine. Wake up, pick out something fancy schmancy to put on for work, only to get home and rip off said schmancy clothes immediately and put on something in comparison to the above outfit. After 5 years of getting dressed up every single morning for work, I am BURNT OUT. What an understatement that is.
So what have I been wearing lately? Get ready for a super great quality, squinty, iPhone photo 😉
- For starters, these leggings are hands down the most incredible pair of pants, leggings, vehicles for your legs, that exist on this earth right now. I know that sounds intense, but seriously, go buy yourself about 8 pairs like I did and you will never need to own another type of pant, legging, vehicle for your legs, ever-again. Period. Oh, and if you’re looking for a substitute…well, there isn’t one! Not joking, I have yet to find a pair of leggings that have Lululemon’s quality and longevity.
- After my favorite pair of leggings are on, I immediately reach for these thick, wool socks to keep my feet warm. I swear by Carhartt and these are what I wear when I ski and now part of my everyday outfit now that it’s cool enough. I love higher socks so I always roll with the knee-high or even better, thigh-high. But we’ll be getting to those in just a bit. Other options are here and here and here.
- Immediately following those thick and wool socks, I layer on thigh-high leg warmers. Yep, you bet your booty I’m rocking leg warmers outside of the 80’s. Seriously, is there anything that Lululemon does wrong? I still have yet to purchase something I’m not satisfied with. Oh, and that whole “see-through” situation is a bunch-a bologna if you ask me. Anyway, if you’re looking for more leg-warming options check out this pair and this pair.
- Then I usually throw on a sports bra with a basic tank of some sorts. I usually reach for one of these bad boys because the tanks are the best. It’s fitted, stays in place, sweat-wicking, and lasts fo-evah.
- Layering on top of that tank is one of my favorite and most classic Lululemon pieces which is this jacket. Super duper light weight, perfect for layering, incredibly functional, and did I mention it has thumb holes? There are TONS of knock-offs of this jacket out there like here and here and here but I will always love Lululemon’s the most.
- On top of that jacket is a cloud vest. Yes, yes, and yes, you need this NOW! It is the softest, most fluffiest (yes, it’s a word now), vest EVER. This specific style is reversible to a really cute gingham print. The plus is because it is so light-weight I can wear this in warmer months. Other awesome options are this and this and this.
- Lastly, I have been living in beanies. Forever 21 recently ran a deal and I can’t remember what it was but it was along the lines of “Buy 2 for 1” or something and these are insanely inexpensive as it is so I was totally sold. Really soft and not super itchy. The bonus is I know I may lose it at some point during the winter and I won’t be upset and will just buy another because it’s so affordable.
What have you been loving to wear lately?