2015 is an opportunity to refresh previous healthy habits and jumpstart motivation for your goals!
I’m not big on resolutions. I know it is the season for that type of thing but it’s just not my cup of tea. In my opinion, if you know something needs to be changed, why wait? Start immediately on what you want changed or what you want to accomplish. Used to eat healthy but fell off the bandwagon? Start NOW. Used to run daily but became burnt out? Start NOW. Maybe it is small goals you want to set like becoming more organized in daily life. Start NOW.
The new year is an opportunity to hit refresh on your life. Jumpstart previous healthy habits or start new ones. Refresh goals that weren’t met last year and make them happen this year. Not setting resolutions for the year makes your goals and aspirations more realistic and within reach.
The hardest part is PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH. Posting your new diet does not make you healthy. Using a spiritual hashtag does not make you enlightened. Just like setting resolutions does not mean you will complete those resolutions. It’s similar to the revolving diet claim, “I’ll start on Monday.” Well, there is always going to be a Monday so stop waiting and START NOW. My point is that individuals tend to develop a self-fulfilling social media prophecy. If it is on social media it must mean you’re doing it or that what you posted is true. At least that is what many people tell themselves and forget to PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.
Here is a list of a few goals I have been working on and want to continue throughout 2015.
– Blogging –
- Post more quality content
- Take better photos (why are lenses so expensive)
- Develop and maintain relationships in the blogging community
- Attend a blog conference
- Be more personal in posts (daily life)
- Develop social media strategies (Twitter and Google+ are not my favorites)
- Dabble in the world of freelance writing (unknown world to me at this point)
- Focus on more nutrient dense posts (what I’m truly passionate about)
- Track blogging expenses (wow, blogging is expensive)
- Unplug from blogging life (those who have a blog know how difficult it is)
– Daily Life –
- Land a challenging job in healthcare to jumpstart my career
- Complete Dietetics degree and land internship
- Deepen practice in yoga
- More patience for people and things I can not control
- Vacation out of the country with Micah
- Challenge my culinary creativity
- Surround myself with like-minded individuals, essentially those with a focus on health and positivity
- Learn to love running for distance and not time
Just a little transparency to start the year off right. I hope you ditch the resolutions and set achievable and realistic goals and aspirations to work towards. I’d love to hear what you think below and if you have any goals or aspirations set for a 2015 refresh!