***If you haven’t already, enter the Daily Greens giveaway for your chance to win a juice cleanse!***
Fact: I am in love with my homemade spice board.
Truth: My mom hates it and says I need to go back to the traditional spinning store-bought spice racks.
This look is probably not for everyone, and I sort of wish that I would have used a magnetic strip instead of the board. Either way, I like it, and here is how you do it.
What you will need:
- Tin canisters (I ordered mine from here in the 4oz size)
- Magnetic Board (from here)
- Black chalkboard paint
- White chalkboard pen (bought from Michael’s)
- Foam brush, small (bought from Michael’s)
- Fairly strong magnets (I used these which are insanely strong)
What you need to do:
1. Paint two coats of black chalkboard paint on the inner, circular portion of the tin canisters.
2. Allow to fully dry.
3. Using the white chalkboard pen, write the names of the herbs and spices on the black chalkboard paint.
4. Allow to fully dry.
If you mess up, erase the writing by wiping with a wet cloth and start again.
5. Separate the magnets from each other and attach to the back of the canisters.
These were the first magnets I used and they were AWFUL! Seriously, can we talk about my disappointment when I super glued each magnet to the back of each canister…
The magnets weren’t strong enough to even hold the canisters! Ahhh…long story short, I ordered these insanely strong Neodymium magnets from Amazon and spent a ridiculous amount on them (as far as magnets go). If you purchase these, they are not easy to pull apart form each other and may require a strong significant other to tackle them.
6. Mount magnetic chalkboard.
Wa-lah! A super easy way to store herbs and spices that saves tons of space!