How is Christmas only 5 days away?! I swear, everyone who I talk to says the same thing…they can’t believe how fast Christmas came. I have to admit, I have barely done any Christmas present shopping. I think when you work in retail you become detached with the notion of participating in the holiday because Christmas is the busiest time in retail, whether it is luxury or not. Needless to say, I am a very, very, VERY last minute shopper. If you are like me and are waiting until the last minute, chances are you will need a few ideas. Considering how much I love the culinary world and cooking/baking, to me there is no better gift guide than one for a chef. These items may or may not be on my own Christmas list…just saying .
These gifts, in my opinion, are necessities in every serious chef/cook’s kitchen. These designer items are at a high price point but that should not steer you away from buying them for me anyone. Just like with any designer merchandise at your favorite retailer, these items are investment pieces that you will have for a very long time. They will change your culinary world, period.
1. Kitchenaid Stand Mixer- I borrow my mom’s at every chance I can get. This heavy duty mixer is not just for baking, but has multiple attachments that make it perfect for a multi-purpose tool.
2. Le Creuset french oven- Le Creuset…need I say more? If you do not know, you have been hiding under a rock. I need an entire set, please and thank you.
3. John Boos cutting board- I am obsessed. These are not your average cutting boards and are instead heavy-duty workspaces. From chopping to photography, these boards will be the only cutting board you will ever use. The thickness, non-splintering wood, and weight is enough of a reason to make the investment.
4. Cusinart Food Processor- I proudly own what I refer to as the “workhorse” of my kitchen. I use my food processor at least once a week. It has multiple blade attachments for different functions. If you are feeling extremely generous, buy your loved one the Elite Collection which comes with a smaller bowl that sits inside the larger bowl, for smaller tasks.
5. Damascus Santoku Knife- This hand crafted knife is a chef’s dream. This knife embodies 46 layers of steel that extends into the handle that is covered in a protective sheath. This knife is small but mighty, and if cared for properly, will easily become any chef’s best friend.
6. All-Clad Stainless Steel Set- There is a reason why All-Clad is any chef’s go-to for durable and reliable cookware. With options of with or without non-stick, the all-clad cookware will uphold to all culinary genius and disasters.
Quick: What is your favorite gift idea for The Chef? Share below!