Happy November, everyone!
As you may have noticed, The Beautiful Balance received a makeover by the wonderful Liz Barber over at Sweet Simplicity Designs. Liz was extremely professional and patient through all of my ridiculous requests and changes. If you are looking to revamp your website or blog contact Liz and she will work her magic!
Now, onto this delicious Smokey Baba Ganoush Soup!
- 4 eggplants, roasted and skinned
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbls tahini
- ¼ c chopped parsley
- ½ tbls smoked paprika
- ½ tbls cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- Sautee onions and garlic in a large pot
- Add in roasted and skinned eggplant, vegetable broth, and all seasonings (excluding lemon zest/juice and tahini)
- Pour eggplant mixture into high-speed blender or use hand blender and blend until smooth
- Stir in lemon juice and tahini
- Serve with smoked paprika chickpeas and drizzle of coconut cream
I wasn’t joking when I said I use TONS of garlic
The eggplants are then skinned…