Garbanzo Bean Pancakes are gluten free, vegan, and packed with 12 g of protein and 20% of your RDA for iron all wrapped up in one batch. I cut back on the sugar for these because I knew I was going to enjoy them with maple syrup, but you can adjust the sugar to your taste. The options are endless so feel free to play around with the different flavors. The flavor of these are cinnamon and vanilla sugar.
That’s right, VANILLA sugar.
- ½ c garbanzo bean flour (Bob Mills)
- ½ c coconut milk (you may use water)
- 1 tbls vanilla sugar
- 1.5 tbls agave
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch of pink sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- coconut oil for greasing the pan
- Combine all ingredients together
- Heat small amount of coconut oil in flat pan over medium-low heat
- Pour small amount of batter into pan and allow to set
- Once edges are raised and the top of the pancake looks set, flip and cook for an additional 30 seconds