HELLO AGAIN!!! Finals are done, I’ve had time to relax, and I am ready for my return to the blog world. I ended my semester with 2 A’s and 2 B’s. Perfect, and definitely worth all the hard work. This is the longest hiatus I have taken away from my blog since I started it. As all of you know by now, my greatest challenge continues to be posting on a regular basis. I remember I once asked a blogger who was a dietitian how she kept up with her blog while being a dietitian. She told me she posted 3x a day from school. This, as you can imagine, made me feel like a fool for using the excuse, “I don’t have time.” I later read in her bio about her journey that she did not work at all during that time. So, my excuse still remains that I don’t have time. I try to find time as much as a can but it is difficult working full time and going to school full time. What I am trying to say is that I am doing my best and all that I can. Stick with me, people, I don’t want to lose you!
So, where have I been? Working and relaxing while I don’t have school work. After finals I really had no desire to want to log onto my computer, be creative, or have any detailed thought process for that matter. I just wanted to exit out of everything for a few weeks until I started school again. Well, today is the day that my two summer classes begin. They are online so they are definitely more challenging due to time restraints, but I am SO determined to get them over and done with.
I will definitely be posting more, especially about my trip back to Chicago on May 27-31! I can’t WAIT! Me and my bestie are going out there together (he’s from Illinois) and are going to enjoy ourselves. Before then, I have to manage to complete 2 weeks worth of homework all while trying not to rip my hair out. Yikes, bikes!
Anyway, I just wanted to give you a quick update on where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing and to let you know that I haven’t given up on the blog world.
Speaking of blog world, my blog has been hit with a ridiculous amount of spam comments while I was gone. Can any of you WordPress users out there recommend a way to prevent it? Thanks!
Now, to celebrate my return, I offer you:
These bars are super easy to make and do not require much technique. Drop ingredients in a bowl, stir, and bake. Three decadent, rich, and sweet layers all wrapped up in one delicious package that will instantly remind you of your childhood. Bonfire is optional.
The recipe for the middle, chocolate layer comes from my favorite chocolate cake recipe found HERE!
- 2.5 c WW flour
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick earth balance butter, soft
- ¾ c sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbls flax meal + 6 tbls water)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ c WW flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- ¾ c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 c coconut milk
- ½ c coconut oil
- ½ c applesauce
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 c hot coffee
- 14 oz ricemellow fluff
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbls butter, soft
- 32 oz powdered sugar
- coconut milk for thinning
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and grease baking pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper
- Combine all dry ingredients together
- Cream butter, sugar, flax eggs, and vanilla until fluffy
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until crumbly but moist texture
- Press into greased baking pan and set aside
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside
- Cream together wet ingredients, excluding coffee
- Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot coffee
- Pour on top of graham layer and bake for 40-45 minutes
- Allow to cool completely before topping with marshmallow layer
- Cream butter, ricemellow, and vanilla together
- Add powder sugar to ricemellow mixture, alternating with coconut milk to achieve desired consistency
- Once cake is completely cool, top with marshmallow layer and cool in refrigerator