I am just going to say it. These are the most delicious [vegan] mashed potatoes that you will ever eat. I preface this recipe by highlighting “vegan” because I realize that all of you carnivores out there will agree with one another that bacon mashed potatoes are the most delicious. Possibly even lobster mashed potatoes [hello Mastro’s] are the most delicious, and quite even cheesy mashed potatoes. This claim will also induce air quotes with “delicious” inside of them and a few eye rolls. Whatever your carnivore choice is, these will remain THEE most delicious VEGAN mashed potatoes that you will ever eat. They’re green, creamy, crave-worthy, and Sam-I-Am approved [my bf].
I have to admit, there have been nights where I only ate mashed potatoes for dinner with crumbed pieces of Tempeh bacon. Yes, I went there, over and over again, and it was DEElicious.
The key to these beauties? GOOOOOOOLLDDD. Potatoes that is.
Yukon gold potatoes, fresh chives, and fresh spinach. BOOM. Simple ingredients, explosive flavor.
- 5 large yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed clean (do NOT peel)
- 4 tbls earth balance butter
- ¾-1 c soy creamer (more or less depending how creamy you want them)
- 2-3 c packed fresh spinach (chop and pack down in measuring cup)
- 4 tbls chopped fresh chives
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop potatoes and boil until fork tender
- Drain potatoes
- Melt butter in a pan
- Add potatoes and mash, slowly adding in creamer until consistency is reached
- Fold in greens
- Season with salt and pepper
Double bubble boil and trouble:
Mash it up: