I don’t know if I have mentioned, but I am a huge soup lover. The best thing about soup? You make a giant pot filled with soul warming ingredients, and it lasts you a week! That is unless you doubt how much soup you actually need and reduce the recipe size, like I did. This Cream of Mushroom Soup is so delicious that it will have you wishing for your bowl to refill as soon as you’re done with it. Trust me, you want to try this. This is also one of the easiest soups to make. Chop, drop, blend, and serve. How easy is that!
This soup is the perfect balance for a savory soup, with a potent mushroom taste, and is mellowed out by deliciously-thick coconut cream.
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 48 oz mushrooms (I used 32 oz white button and 16 oz crimini)
- 2 tbls fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 qt mushroom broth
- 1 can coconut cream (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- Sautee shallots, garlic cloves, and mushrooms in large stock pan
- Season with thyme, bay leaves, and salt & pepper
- De-glaze pan with mushroom broth and bring to a boil
- Once liquid is reduced by half, puree half of mixture in Vitamix or using hand blender
- Add pureed mixture back to large pot and bring back to boil
- Add coconut cream